Thursday, June 8, 2017

My Articles

These are rugby articles by me, Wes Clark.


Rugby Rookie's Journal - My own story of how I got interested in the game, and started to play it. Rather long and detailed, but people tell me it's a lot like their own rookie seasons.

Rugby: the Second Season - My journal of my second season; the quest for my first try continues.

Rugby: the Third Season - An anxious worldwide rugby community demanded it. Who am I to withhold?

Rugby: the Fourth Season - I'm back for more punishment with the WSRFC.

Rugby: the Fifth Season - Older and wiser - yet still playing.

Rugby: the Sixth Season - When will I give this up? Not for another few months, at least.

Rugby: the Seventh Season - The end draweth near.

Rugby: the Eighth Season - Perhaps my last regular season. (Perhaps not.)

Rugby: the Ninth Season - At it again in spite of all odds.

Rugby: Season X - Becoming an Old Boy in deed as well as chronologically.

Rugby Season Eleven - More of the same? Or different?

Rugby Season Twelve - A marathon season with little rugby activity.

Rugby Season Thirteen - It's over.

Rugby Season Fourteen - My final season.

Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Rugby Club Band - Who on that famous album cover played rugby?

Called Up for England - A funny phone message I got from a British friend during the 2003 Rugby World Cup. It still makes me smile.

Famous Ruggers - Do you know any others?

Rugby Movies - Yes, there are a few.

The Ten Commandments of Rugby - Do thou and be righteous.

The Rugby MatchMeter - A useful lifestyle management tool.

Your Astrological Rugby Guide - You're in the stars!

Warfare a la Mode - My look at rugby and historical reenacting, and how they are alike and different.

Rugger's Book Review - Three rugby book reports.

"The Blue Lawn" - A book about a teenage homosexual rugby player.

Land's End and the Promotion of Rugby - An article about clothing.

Rugby Bumper Stickers (And other promotional material) - The more warlike, the better.

Tom Brown's Schooldays - A look at the game as it was played by Tom Brown in the 1830's.


Bad Rugby Art - I thought I had left this behind with Civil War reenacting...

Count your rugby blessings - Written for an English rugby programme.


Rugby magazine article about me! - By my friend Buzz McClain.


This is Rugby - Something I wrote to publicize my club for new members.

Book review: My Dad the Rugby Player - A charming little book for kids. Ordering information within.

The Rugby Guide - I used to write a monthly column for this site, which is now no longer found on the Internet.


My Little Corner of the Scrum (September 1999)
Why Makes Rugby so Addictive? (October 1999)
Old Boys will be Boys (November 1999)
Ho, Ho, Ho - It's the Front Row! (December 1999)
Rugby in the Year 2000 (January 2000)
Rugger my Pleasure (February 2000)
Famous Ruggers (March 2000)
The MatchMeter (April 2000)
The Rugby Word and Phrase Guide (May 2000)
Cranky Season (June 2000)
Rugby Movies (July 2000)
501(c)(3) for your Rugby Club (August 2000)

No comments:

Post a Comment